Friday, October 20, 2023

Fluevog Shoe Ad Assignment

    I entered the "Change the future of advertising for the better, one Fluevog Ad at a time" Campaign. Fluevog Creative gives talented and aspiring artists the chance to create a Fluevog ad that will grace the pages of magazines around the globe. I designed an appropriate Fluevog ad for the "Rory " Shoe, the black and white version. I felt it had a 60s-70s vibe so I looked up some inspirational quote from that era. I found and decided to turn a popular Timothy Leary, the Harvard professor quote into something I understand. "Turn on your mind, Tune in to what matters, Drop the negativity." I added it to the background of my ad with colors inspired by that time. I also found a beautiful model with a similar style to the famous Twiggy also called Dame Lesley Lawson. I love the big eyes and the long eyelashes look accentuated by the application of more lashes on top of the natural ones. The model that I used as the foundation for my Adobe illustrator vector art is Peggy Moffit. I then constructed the ad around the illustration of the Rory Shoes and added some abstract elements. Landline phones were a big innovation in that time and they helped to connect people to what they love including items like shoes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment