Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Homeless Shelter for Women Advertisements

    I recently traveled to Saskatchewan and visited homeless shelters for women. I volunteered at one and that is when I first saw the real horrific wounds of domestic abuse. I saw a young women with two children feeding her youngest with a very dark purple black eye. It shocked me to see this and it saddened me. I also saw a woman who could not stop crying in her room because of abusive relationship nightmares. I talked to an ebony woman who told me she never felt like she could stay in one place for too long and was always afraid of being touched and she wondered how she could ever share a bed with someone. She might randomly scream in the middle of the night or get in a fight without much thought. She confided in me and expressed that she prays every night and wishes for all of this trauma to go away. She just wants to be a normal person with a normal life and maybe meet a normal future husband and have kids. 
    In my room I noticed it was a lot nicer than in some other shelters, I think they did a fine job making the building accessible and comfortable for single mothers, kids and women. That night I was exhausted and crawled into bed and reflected on everything that I had seen and been through. I know Jesus Christ does not like women to be abused. I feel like certain devils don't care and others do. Why are some people magnets and why do good women die when they have been through so much hell that they didn't deserve? People have told me lots of stories to try and explain things but honestly I am not super sure what is true anymore. I think the bad guys who don't learn their lessons should be weeded out so they don't inflict any more pain on the good. I leave it in the hands of God to judge and organize. I am just a servant who also has her own batch of injuries but it seems like the more we suffer, the more we understand other peoples' sufferings if not always their successes. I am happy for those that overcome, but it's still a mystery to me how God evaluates things.
    I know Canada cares about the vulnerable. I know God watches over the people as well. I am proud to be Canadian, I just wish I wasn't so weak sometimes. Caring is a super power but it needs protection just like anything in this world. 
    
    Later that week I went home and worked on poster advertisements and a website mock up for women shelter concepts as my final project for the advance advertisement class.









No comments:

Post a Comment